Christmas is my favourite time of year, so I guess I was bound to go to a Christmas afternoon tea at some point – don’t you just love how these things come together!
Now, even I was quite shocked at how many places are doing a Christmas or festive themed afternoon tea this year, but I have been wanting to go to BBakery for a while now so thought this was the perfect opportunity!
The set up was just as cute as I was hoping it would be!
We were given fresh orange juice and asked to pick tea, coffee or hot chocolate from a wide selection. I went for the Christmas tea – obviously! It was a really nice subtle and sweet cinnamon tea. AND we were offered prosecco – I have honestly not been to a more generous afternoon tea, especially for the price of £33 (£36 if you go on a weekend).
The candy cane and Christmas cracker just topped it all off perfectly and took my happiness levels to a good 10/10!
One of my favourite parts of the entire experience was that half of the savoury offerings were warm – again I have not seen this anywhere else but it is definitely a winner!
- British turkey on tomato bread – tomato ciabatta is always a winner!
- Smoke salmon blini – I hate smoked salmon so I just picked it off and ate the rest which was really yummy.
- Cucumber finger sandwich – of course!
- Apres ski quiche (warm!) – my first quiche and it was amazing.
- Ham and cheese croissant (warm!) – melted cheese and croissants, where can you go wrong?
- Veggie cake (warm!) – a nice fluffy cake complimented with Mediterranean veg – delicious!
- Christmas tree cupcake – you can’t beat a good cupcake – I created my own version which you can find here.
- Passion fruit tart – really soft pastry and refreshing passion fruit
- Black Forest xmas ball – apparently I like cherries (yay!), with the cutest little spoon!
- Queen velvet – a vanilla biscuit topped with meringue – really yum!
- Trop Chou choc – kind of like a profiterole but filled with chocolate cream!
- Plain Scone with clotted cream and jam – served on its own because there is just no more room on the plates!
The Christmas afternoon tea is running until 5th January. We even managed to get a booking for 6pm so that we could go after work!
If you get a chance to go I would definitely recommend!
Love Amy x